If you have any questions our contact details are:
17 Crafts End
The information we collect
We process personal data including and not limited to:
- Contact information including e-mail address and telephone number
- Invoice and delivery addresses
- Demographic information such as postcode and preferences
Legal grounds for processing your information
We will rely on the following legal bases under GDPR to process your personal data:
- Performance of a contract
- Legal obligation
- Vital interest
- Public interest or exercise of official authority
How we collect your information
You may provide us this information when completing forms and contracts, corresponding via the telephone, e-mail or live chat, or we may meet you at an event or exhibition.
Involuntary information when you visit our website
We may gain information that we gather through our monitoring of visits to our website. We use Google Analytics and cookies in order to improve our service, user experience and to analyse how the website is used. Aside from the approximate location (IP address), the information collected is mostly anonymous traffic data including browser information, device information and language. We do not collect any additional information which could be classified as personal via these means.
How we process your information
We collect and process data for the following reasons:
- to ensure we can fulfil our service levels to a high standard
- internal record keeping
- to improve our products and services
- to ensure that our website is presented in the most effective manner
- to meet our legal requirements as a UK registered business
- to communicate with our partners
- to market our products and services (see Marketing below)
We will also provide information to 3rd parties, when it is necessary for us to fulfil your service requirements. These include, but are not limited to, 3rd party carriers for the delivery of goods.
We will only process your data in the UK. In all circumstances the information obtained will be retained and utilised in accordance with all relevant laws, in particular the Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR.
We may from time to time contact you to make you aware of new products and services, unless you explicitly request us not to do so.
If you are a new customer, you can opt out of email communications at the new customer billing stage of the basket. This will ensure we do not send you promotional material via email.
We will never share your name and contact details with 3rd parties for marketing purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your information.
How do we protect your personal data?
- We treat your data with care and take all steps to protect it
- Access to our website is password protected
- Sensitive data is secured by SSL encryption
- We monitor our systems for any intrusions
- We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach as required by law
We collect and store data for the purposes of all our business operations and to provide service to our customers.
How long will we keep personal data?
- For active customers we will retain data for as long as you remain active
- Inactive customers who have not placed a new order in 3 years will have their accounts and associated personal data deleted.
- We will keep personal data in our database for our own internal records
You have the right to:
- Receive disclosure of any of your personal data that we store and process
- Update/amend inaccuracies or changes to your data
- Opt out of e-mail marketing by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any Minute Bookstore email communication
- Request for processing of your personal data to be restricted
- Be informed of what lawful basis we are relying on for the processing of your personal data
- Be forgotten (have your personal data deleted); however we would recommend that we suppress you from future communications, rather than delete your data from our database
If you wish to review, verify, correct or request the erasure of your personal data, object to the processing of your personal data, withdraw the consent to the processing of your personal data or request that we transfer a copy of your personal data to a 3rd party, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to the request as soon as we can. Generally this will be within one calendar month from when we receive your request but on occasions it may take longer to deal with your request and in such circumstances we will let you know.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.